Monday, March 22, 2010

Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts, Fresh Basil, and Lemon






When I am pregnant I am known to watch the Cooking Network ALL day long!! I then proceed to waddle my butt to the grocery store to purchase every ingredient for every recipe that has tweeked my interest on that particular day. It was one such day that I watched Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten is a genius) prepare this roasted broccoli and I've had a love affair with this broccoli dish ever since. In fact I refuse to eat broccoli ANY other way!

1 Broccoli Head or Package of Broccoli florets
4-5 Large Garlic Cloves minced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
1 tsp. kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
juice from one lemon
zest from one lemon
3 Tbsp. of pine nuts
1 bunch of fresh basil julienned
Freshly grated Parmesan (I use parmegiano Reggiano, it's more expensive but if you keep it in a ziploc bag in the fridge it will keep for a very long time)


Directions

Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks.
Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Toss with garlic, pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
Roast at 400*F for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with the lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan, and basil. Serve hot and Enjoy!

1 comment: