Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling Blue-berry?!?!?







Oatmeal Pancakes topped with Divine Blueberry Sauce

My good friend Valeria introduced me to Oatmeal Blueberry Protein pancakes. So when my favorite food blogger, Sweet Savory Life recently featured a "Simple but amazing Blueberry sauce", I knew I had to try it!!

This morning I whipped up some simple Oatmeal pancakes and topped them off with this yummy sauce. No syrup required here!!

Forget IHOP....stay home and make brunch! This blueberry sauce TOPS theirs ANYDAY!

I suggest you first make the pancakes and then the sauce.

Oatmeal Pancakes

1 cup Old-fashioned Oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Splenda(don't judge me) or sugar
2 egg whites or one whole egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon

In a blender combine all the ingredients. You can add more milk if you prefer a thinner pancake. Pour batter onto a greased hot griddle or pan. Flip when bubbles form on top and cook until second side is golden brown!

Blueberry Sauce (my own adapted version)
1 tsp butter (it's optional so don't freak out, a lil' butter goes a long way)
2 cups Frozen blueberries
1 cup Splenda/Sugar (I told you I'm in love with a diabetic) :)
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons of grated orange zest and orange rind if desired

melt butter and Cook blueberries, splenda/sugar, and water on medium-high heat for 10minutes stirring occasionally. Turn heat off and stir in orange rind. Top pancakes with warm sauce and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment