Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Food Blog??



This is NOT a personal blog. This is a COOKING blog. Anyone that really knows me knows that I LOVE to cook. I especially LOVE to cook for others and I enjoy sharing my recipes. I also love photography and I did take AP English in highschool so I'm not that bad at writing either. I think all these ingredients would make the perfect recipe for a decent FOOD blog! ;)

Overall, I cook healthy meals. My husband is diabetic so it is important that we maintain a healthy lifestyle. But occasionally I love to throw down a decadent meal with a good bottle of wine! Everything in moderation, right? After all, what fun would life be without a juicy steak, some creamy chocolate, or a wonderful piece of cake? And that's why I am thee OCCASIONAL GLUTTON. Yes, you CAN be healty and eat your cupcake too! I'm not afraid of REAL food and I don't like counting calories, so don't expect me too!

I recently got inspired to blog by a good friend and also by my favorite food blog: http://savorysweetlife.com. It was actually voted one of Forbe's top food blogs! She's a Barefoot Contessa of sorts with recipes that are really simple and REALLY good. Except that unlike Barefoot Contessa, she's a mother of three. And the fact that she's able to whip up anything besides chicken nuggets and that her kids ACTUALLY eat it, inspires me!

So come along into my kitchen. I hope that my recipes bring you as much satisfaction as they do me! And like I said, I LOVE to cook for others. So now not only will I be cooking for my family, I will be cooking for all of you. So let's get to it! After all, a FOOD blog wouldn't be complete without a recipe, right?

Buon Appetite, ;)
Stephanie


Whole Wheat French Toast

2 slices of your favorite wheat toast (Ezekiel is great)
2 egg whites
1 tsp of good quality vanilla (Spice Islands is pretty good)
a couple dashes of cinnamon
sliced fresh berries
1 Tbsp. chopped almonds or pecans
Sugar-free pancake syrup

Directions:
Heat a non-stick pan on med-high heat
and spray with non-stick spray or rub very lightly with butter

Beat egg whites with vanilla and cinnamon
Soak the bread in the batter on both sides and allow the excess to drip off and place on non-stick pan and cook on each side for 3 minutes.

Place on your plate and top with your favorite berries, chopped nuts and sugar-free syrup.

Enjoy!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment